The flickr Commons is a collection of public domain images from collections ranging from The Smithsonian, NASA, The Library of Congress, the UK National Archives, and so on. The photos labelled, tagged, easy to search, and generally awesome.
I love it.
I love using the photos to illustrate blog posts. I love searching through them for inspiration. I love imagining the stories behind the shots.
How can you use them?
- Graphics for posters/t-shirts/logos, etc.
- Projections for historical plays.
- Inspiration for costumes/sets/props for period pieces.
- Writing inspiration. (Use random images with Lindsay’s A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words Exercise)
- Anything else you dream up!
They’re free to use and they’re awesome!