A confession: The whole of my knowledge of stage lighting could fit in a thimble. I can “find my light” when I’m onstage, but that’s about all I know about those bright shiny objects that keep the stage alight.
That’s why I was so thrilled to find the following FAQ page, which I think would be an excellent resource to any drama teacher’s arsenal. The site answers questions such as:
- How do I light a Stage?
- How to do lighting..? / How to design lighting for…?
- How much lighting do I need…?
- How do I work out how much power I need for lighting?
- How do I connect up a lighting system?
- How do I control lighting using my laptop / PC ?
- How do I persuade my school drama teacher to buy some moving lights?
- How do I get a job in stage lighting?