Theatrefolk is seeking applications for its Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Panel for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year.
The goal of the panel is to advise and comment (and other functions as reasonably determined) on specific initiatives. The specific focus for 2021-2022 is on LGBTQ+ (LGBTQIA+, LGBTQ2S+) initiatives and we are looking for 5-8 panel members.
Sample Initiatives and Actions
- To bring awareness to current terminology, and respect protocols
- To bring awareness to the current situation in schools and communities
- How can we provide consistent and accurate information for teachers
- To comment and advise on potential LGBTQ+ curriculum, lesson plans, & resources
- To comment and advise on a curated resource of LGBTQ+ plays and theatres
2021-2022 Panel Members Requirements
- LGBTQ+ drama teachers, current or retired, in schools, independent, or higher ed.
- OR LGBTQ+ individual theatre educators, instructors, teaching artists, or education associates, theatre education students (college or university)
- A willingness to discuss, question, and provide specific input with regard to personal and cultural insights.
- 4 meetings interspersed throughout 2021-2022 school year
- All meetings are informal and virtual
- $500 honorarium per year
What is the application process?
- Just fill out an application here
- Name, school, email address, drama education background, etc.
- How would your own personal experience and cultural knowledge contribute to this panel?
- September 13th, 2021
Want to find out more about our newest plays, resources and giveaways?
Get on our list!