Theatrefolk is seeking applications for its Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Panel for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year.
The goal of the panel is to advise and comment (and other functions as reasonably determined) on specific initiatives. The specific focus for 2020-2021 are BIPOC initiatives and we are looking for 3 panel members.
Note: Panel members for 2020-2021 will not be expected to educate on BIPOC culture, issues or experiences.
Sample Initiatives and Actions
- To comment and advise on a curated resource of BIPOC plays and theatres
- Who/what is missing?
- To read and comment on submissions for upcoming Monologue call for BIPOC student writers
- Would you give this monologue to your student actors? Why/why not?
2020-2021 Panel Members Requirements
- BIPOC drama teachers, current or retired, in schools or independent
- A willingness to provide specific input with regard to personal and cultural insights.
- 4 meetings interspersed throughout 2020-2021 school year
- All meetings are informal and virtual
- $500 honorarium per year
What is the application process?
- Just fill out an application here
- Name, school, email address, drama education background, etc.
- How would your own personal experience and culture knowledge contribute to this panel?
- September 15th