Theatrefolk is accepting monologues from BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour) student writers. We are looking for monologues that share the students’ perspective. Chosen monologues will be published together in a resource book. Chosen writers will receive $100 for their monologue.
Teachers: we’ve even got a free monologue writing lesson plan for you to use with your class (click the button at the end of the post!).
- BIPOC student writer in middle school (grades 5-8) or high school (grades 9-12)
- One- to two-minute original monologues.
- Maximum one page, double spaced, 12 point font.
- We encourage you to share your voice. Share your story. Share a story from your community and culture. Write about your mother, write about how people see you, write about what makes you unique, write about what you eat on the weekend, write about overcoming adversity. The content is completely up to you. We are looking for BOTH comedic and dramatic monologues.
- Pieces written for one character.
- Character must be a pre-teen or teenager.
- No musicals or adaptations.
Deadline for submission?
- December 4th, 2020
- There is no submission fee.
- Each chosen student will receive $100 for their monologue.
How to Submit
- Fill in the Google Form here.
- The monologue is to be copied and pasted as part of the Google form.
- Must be submitted by a teacher and include the teacher’s email.
Want to find out more about our newest plays, resources and giveaways?
Get on our list!