Had two interesting thing happen recently with people finding my scripts through the internet without knowing me at all. One, a university company in Britain came across my play Shattered online. We engaged in email correspondence which led to a production. We even did the contract through email, by scanning the contract and sending it off a PDF. All without one phone conversation, which is actually great as we didn’t have to figure out time zones and faxes and so on.
The second situation involves a Observatory in Australia who want to do something celebratory on the birth of the telescope and perhaps a play about Galileo. The contact told me that she typed in Galileo The Starry Messenger in Google and a play of mine came up. I’ve sent them a copy of the play and we’ll see what happens. I don’t think my Galileo is exactly good for a celebration event, but you never know. It never hurts to send something out there. Can’t wait to see what happens!