You may be familiar with our The Ultimate Audition Guide: Teachers – did you know we have a student version?
Students go through the same set of emotions, issues and concerns when auditioning:
- Will I get the part?
- What if I don’t even get cast?
- What if I forget the words?
- How do I stop being so nervous?
The Ultimate Audition Guide: Students takes you through activities and exercises you can give students to prepare them for the task of auditioning for a show, program, or class.
Auditions don’t have to be nerve wracking experiences! Coach your students to prepare themselves to give their best piece ever.Download the Ultimate Audition Guide: Students
What’s in The Ultimate Guide to Auditioning: Students?
Here are the sections:
- Choosing material
- What goes into choosing a great audition piece?
- A senior extra credit exercise that will help your future auditions.
- A class exercise in choosing appropriate material.
- Preparing material
- What steps should students take when preparing a monologue?
- Character Profile, Physical Profile, Vocal Profiles.
- Preparation Reflection.
- On the day
- What should students do right before their audition?
- Pre-audition exercises and a handout for students.
- Dealing with the aftermath
- How do students deal with not being cast or unexpected casting?
- An aftermath reflection.
Not all students know what it means to prepare effectively for an audition. Give them the tools they need to do so.