We asked drama teachers: How do you make your rehearsals run efficiently and effectively?
Let’s hear from teachers on the front lines.
Punctuality and Preparedness
- Communicate the schedule
- Be on time. This means cast and crew
- Start on time – just as important!
- Have a good warm-up planned for vocals, character development, and physical
- Have a game plan for the goals of the rehearsal
Attitude goes a long way
- Bring good-natured and hardworking attitudes
- Don’t expect perfection, but expect dedication
- Respect the goals of the rehearsal
- Have patience
- Know when to stop
- Be willing to be vulnerable
Reflect and Plan
- End on time
- Clean up
- Have a reflective wrap up at the end for actors, crew, and director.
- Communicate the next scheduled rehearsal and plans
- Celebrate the hard work done!
Join the conversation on our Facebook Page and add your own advice to our list!